Prices listed do not include the mandatory local tax* which all accommodation facilities in South Tyrol are legally required to charge starting from 01/01/2014.
*mandatory tourist tax as required by law (legge provinciale del 16/05/2012, n. 9)
In pursuance of art. 1 para. 1 of the state law (legge provinciale) no. 9 enacted on 16/05/2012, the tourist tax to be charged amounts to:
- € 2.50 for accommodation facilities classified with five or four stars or "four-star superior" (legge provinciale del 14/12/1988, n. 58, art. 5)
- € 2.10 for accommodation facilities classified three-star or "three-star superior" (legge provinciale del 14/12/1988, n. 58, art. 5)
- € 1.75 for all other accommodation facilities (legge provinciale del 16/05/2012, n. 9, art. 1 para. 2).
The mandatory tourist tax does not apply to:
- children and teenagers up to the age of 14
- staff working at accommodation facilities and all persons whose overnight stay does not require any registration, if their registered residence is in South Tyrol or in the accommodation structure itself.